Transcript request procedure

The charge for transcripts is $10

Official transcripts are issued by the Records and Registration Office and bear the University seal and Registrar signature. The cost for an official transcript is $10.00. Official transcripts are not processed if the student has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. Third party requests will not be accepted. Official transcripts will be sent to the address indicated on the request.

Electronic official transcripts can only be requested using the online order form.

If you ordered by mail, contact the Records office at to check on the status of your order. Additional information about ordering online can be found by clicking on the "Online" section below.

How to order transcripts:

Online expanding section

UWL has authorized Credentials Solutions to provide transcript ordering online for students and alumni 24/7. You may order your transcript(s) using any major credit/debit card, and your card will be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates will be sent to you via email and you can track your order online using your email address and order number.

The following is required to order a transcript online:

  • A valid major credit/debit card
  • An email account
  • Your signed consent

Transcripts requested to be delivered electronically are sent within a short time of receiving the completed consent form and the system confirms there are no holds on your record.

If you requested that your transcript be sent via paper/mail delivery, it will be processed and sent within 1-3 business days after we receive your request. Please note that, if you choose to have your transcripts faxed, a faxed copy of the transcript is not an official document.


You can upload any necessary documents (e.g. LSAC, AMCAS, and/or scholarship forms) into your online transcript order. Additional documents to be delivered with your transcript are at the discretion of the University. The University has the right to not deliver any additional documents you uploaded with your request if not deemed appropriate. PLEASE SIGN AND DATE ALL DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO UPLOADING.

Are you a currently enrolled student?

Current students may request a transcript through his or her WINGS Student Center account by clicking the "Official Transcript" link under the "Enrollment Resources" section located on the lower right hand side of the main student center page. Ordering through your WINGS account enters your student ID for you, but you may also use the "order a transcript now" link above.

If you want your transcript to include the current semester grades/degree, you may choose the "hold for grades" or "hold for degree" option in the order form. However, if you need the transcript to be processed immediately, please log into your WINGS Student Center to make sure the grades/degree are already posted before you submit your request.

Electronic transcripts

UW-La Crosse features secure electronic PDF delivery of official academic transcripts. This is the preferred method of delivery because it is the fastest and most secure delivery method! The "PDF Transcripts" delivery option may be selected after verifying that your recipient will accept this form of delivery as an official transcript (not all institutions accept electronic transcripts). Two emails are sent to the recipient: one with the link to the PDF and one with the password to access it. Electronic transcripts are normally ready for download by your recipient within 12 hours.

IMPORTANT: Electronic transcripts ordered through Credential Solutions must be retrieved within 30 days of ordering. After the transcript is downloaded, the email link will only remain accessible for 48 hours.  Be sure to save the PDF itself to your computer (not the link) to be able to access it again at a later date. 

Enrolled at UWL prior to August 1991?

If you were enrolled at UW-La Crosse prior to August 1991, your transcript cannot be sent electronically because your record has not been digitized. You may still order a transcript online through the "order a transcript now" link, but your transcript will be mailed through the US Postal Service (not emailed as a file).

Need help? 

Credential Solutions has provided additional answers about ordering online on the starting page of the online order form. Use the "order a transcript now" button to access that form and information.

If you need help retrieving your electronic transcript or have any other questions, contact Credentials Solutions at 847.716.3005.

By mail expanding section

To request your transcript by mail you will need to include our transcript request form as well as your payment of check or cash (credit/debit card numbers are not accepted by mail). Please write clearly and be sure to sign your request after printing it from your computer. Multiple copies to students will be in separate sealed envelopes unless directed otherwise. Use the Special Instructions on the Transcript Request Form to make additional requests such as having an unofficial copy sent to you at the same time. Checks may be made out to UW-La Crosse.

Mail the request to: Attn: Transcripts, UW-La Crosse, 1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601

If our minimal inperson staffing returns to working remotely, mailed requests may see a 1-2 week delay in processing.

In person expanding section

**UWL requires anyone in a campus building to wear a mask. One can be provided if you do not have one with you.**

UWL will issue transcripts to current/former students without prior obligations at the Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall. Requests submitted in person will be processed immediately. Payment options are credit/debit cards, cash, money order, or checks made payable to UWL. Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards are accepted in the office. Please bring along a photo ID to present when requesting the transcript.

Office hours for transcript orders are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. Please note that electronic transcripts cannot be ordered in person; they must be ordered online.

Things to remember when ordering:

Issued to student: All transcripts given or sent directly to the student are stamped "issued to student." Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarship funds, etc.) will accept these transcripts even if they are in sealed envelopes. Many institutions require transcripts be sent directly from UWL to their institution to be considered official. It is up to the student to verify that the receiving institution wants the transcripts sent directly from UWL to them.

Transcripts on hold for non-payment of fees: A transcript will not be sent for any person with outstanding balances due to the university.  Subject to the statute of limitations on contract debt under Wisconsin law, no student shall be issued a transcript (certified or not) until all accounts receivable have been paid. Please see the Cashiers Office for details. 

Unofficial transcripts: If you are currently enrolled at UWL, You can obtain an unofficial transcript from your WINGS Student Center (use the drop-down menu in the "Academics" sections of the student center, make sure the pop-up blocker is off on your browser). Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarship funds, etc.) will accept unofficial transcripts. It is up to you to verify with the receiving institution if official transcripts need to be sent.

Students who were previously enrolled are unable to obtain an unofficial transcript without ordering an official copy and paying the fee. When ordering official transcripts, send it to yourself and scan or print a copy from those. Or, within a short time after ordering official transcripts, contact our office to request that an unofficial copy be mailed or faxed to you. Unofficial copies cannot be emailed.

Teachers renewing or adjusting their state license: The WI Department of Public Instruction requires you to create an online account and upload your materials through the internet. DPI may require a copy of your transcript as part of the process. Because the transcripts need to be in an electronic file in order to be uploaded to your account, there are two ways to accomplish this:

  1. Order an official copy be sent by mail (or pick up in person). Take the paper copy and scan it into your computer. You can order paper copies online, in person, or by mail.
  2. Order an official copy to be sent to you electronically by email through Credentials Solutions online order form. (The link is in the "online" section above.) Two emails are sent, one with a password and one with the link to open the transcript. When you get the emails, open the transcript and save it to your computer.

Another person picking up your transcripts for you: It is against the law to release your transcripts to a third party without your written permission, even if that person is related to you. If you need a friend or family member to pick up a copy of your official transcripts for you, please email or mail us your written permission and include that person's name in the permission.

Payment: The $10.00 fee may be paid by credit/debit card (accepted in person or through online ordering), check (payable to UW-La Crosse), or in cash (please do not send cash through the mail). UWL's Transcript Office cannot put transcript fees on student accounts.

Copies of transcripts from other institutions: The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse does not issue copies of transcripts (high school or university) or other documents received from other institutions.

Transfer students: If you would like to send transcripts to UWL for review of possible transfer credits, please contact the prior college institution(s) that you attended. That institution(s) must send an official copy of your transcript directly to the UW-La Crosse Admissions Office. More information about transferring to UW-La Crosse can be found in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs.

For transcript questions, please contact the Records Office at 608.785.8580.

Transcript FAQs