Tickets on sale now: 55th Annual International Banquet April 18
UWL International Education & Engagement will host the 55th Annual International Banquet from 6-9 p.m. Saturday, April 18, in The Bluffs, on the second floor of the UWL Student Union. Reservations are required.
The banquet shares the rich diversity and culture that international students and scholars bring to UWL and the community. The event also celebrates all of the community’s international connections.
Individual tickets are on sale, as well as sponsored table reservations. Community members can submit proposals for the banquet’s Global Citizenship Showcase and nominate individuals for an award to be announced during the banquet.
The banquet includes entertainment performed by international students, staff, faculty and community members, along with an internationally-themed menu and cash bar. A variety of meat and vegetarian options are provided as a buffet.
Two additional events are planned prior to the banquet:
• A Fulbright lecture runs from 4-5 p.m. in 3130 Student Union.
• A Global Citizenship Showcase with poster displays and table displays highlighting research, projects, and/or experiences with a global reach runs from 5-6 p.m. in The Bluffs, Student Union.
Reserve a table and purchase tickets
Sponsored table reservations are now available for purchase through UWL Extended Learning. Reserve a table.
Individual tickets are available at the UWL Student Union Information Center desk or online.
Nominate award recipients
Nominations are being sought from the UWL community for the following awards to be announced at the 55th International Banquet. Nomination closes March 13.
• The Wimberly Award recognizes an outstanding UWL or community individual or organization that has contributed to the development of long-term excellence in international programming at UWL. The winner will be announced during the banquet. Nominate an individual.
• The Altman Award recognizes outstanding contributions to advancement of international education at UW-La Crosse in three categories: Leadership (UWL faculty/staff/department); University Service (UWL faculty/staff/department); Community Service (UWL affiliated or community member). Nominate an individual.
• International Student Academic Excellence/Internationalization Award. This award recognizes one outstanding international student for academic achievement and contributions to the internationalization of UWL The award is only offered to graduating international undergraduate students that have met all graduation requirements. Nominate an individual.
Submit proposals for showcase
Community members may submit proposals for posters and table displays that highlight international research, projects, and/or experiences for the Global Citizenship Showcase from 5-6 p.m. Saturday, April 18, prior to the banquet. Proposals are due March 23. Submit a proposal.